There’s a new world coming to LEGOLAND Florida in Spring 2019 and I’m not sure who is more excited about it – myself or my kids!
THE LEGO® MOVIE WORLD will allow guests to step on to the streets of Bricksburg and into the stories of THE LEGO MOVIE universe.
And today, LEGOLAND Florida has released details about three marquee attractions that will be part of this new area inspired by the characters and themes of the worldwide blockbuster THE LEGO MOVIE and THE LEGO MOVIE 2: The Second Part including Emmet, Unikitty (my favorite!), Wyld Style, Benny and more!
New Attractions Coming to THE LEGO MOVIE World
Here’s a look at some of the fun coming to LEGOLAND Florida in the spring of 2019 –
- THE LEGO MOVIE Masters of Flight: Hop aboard Emmet’s Triple Decker Flying Couch! This flying theatre attraction whisks guests away on an action-packed adventure on a suspended ride with a full-dome virtual screen, giving the sensational feeling of flying alongside some familiar and some new faces like Sweet Mayhem, a character set to debut in the upcoming feature THE LEGO MOVIE 2: The Second Part. The one-of-a-kind experience is the first attraction at a major theme park in the United States that embeds a 180-degree turn in the ride experience.
- Unikitty’s Disco Drop: Enter through the rainbow portal to join the fun with Unikitty and her many personalities. This ride swoops guests to the tiptop of Cloud Cuckoo Land, then drops, spins and bounces them back down to earth, creating a thrilling and fun experience.
- Battle of Bricksburg: Calling all Master Builders! DUPLO® aliens have invaded Bricksburg to come and play! Riders are challenged to stop DUPLO® aliens from invading and stealing LEGO bricks by spraying water at targets.
More Fun Coming to LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Also coming to Bricksburg at LEGOLAND Florida is Emmet’s Super Suite where you can meet Emmet and friends inside his apartment. (I know there’s a ride for the triple-decker couch, but oh I hope there’s one to sit on inside his house too. Just imagine the photo opps! I’m already imagining next year’s family Christmas card picture. )
Also joining the fun in Bricksburg will be the Taco
Tuesday Everyday eatery, and The Awesome Shop, filled with take-home memories. The downtown area will also include a space-themed playground structure inspired by Benny’s spaceship, plus special photo opportunities. SPACESHIP! (Come on, you know you yelled it too.)
The LEGOLAND Hotel will also have new THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD themed rooms. Designed with familiar scenery and beloved characters from the movie, no detail is left untouched. Adults can relax in a room inspired by Emmet’s bedroom, while kids dream of spaceship adventures in the children’s room, modeled after Benny’s Spaceship. (Sign me up!)
Last week, during our visit to LEGOLAND Florida for the Brick or Treat festivities, Molly and I stopped by the new area to see if we could catch a glimpse of things to come.
While we couldn’t see too much, we did find Emmett and Wyld Style ready for photos! Stop over for a quick picture the next time you visit the park!
So, are you ready for THE LEGO MOVIE World at LEGOLAND Florida? I’m looking forward to the new rides and immersive areas to explore inside Bricksburg. Spring 2019 can’t get here soon enough!
Have plans to visit LEGOLAND Florida Resort? Check out these stories:
- 6 Hidden Gem Experiences at LEGOLAND Florida
- How to Trade LEGO Minifigures at LEGOLAND Florida
- A Look Inside: The New LEGOLAND Beach Retreat
- A Look Inside: Florida’s LEGOLAND Hotel
Are You Ready for THE LEGO MOVIE World?
** This post contains affiliate links. Thoughts and opinions here are my own. Be sure to follow Carrie on Travel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagramand Pinterest for the latest family travel news and tips for planning your next adventure. **