Every year, my husband and I sneak out for a ‘no kids weekend’ to Orlando and let me tell you – it is a whole, new experience and a whole, new city! Staying out late, choosing restaurants that offer more than just chicken nuggets and French fries (because, kids!) and a big hotel room all to ourselves, where we don’t have to share a bed with kids- it is glorious. I love my kids, but a quick, adults-only vacation is special and something I look forward to each year.
The folks at Visit Orlando sent over some ideas that have inspired me to get busy planning this year’s weekend getaway. Let’s take a look at what’s happening this Fall in Orlando and maybe you’ll also be inspired to plan a quick getaway too.
Experience Frightening, Halloween Adventures
Now, I’m a total chicken when it comes to haunted houses, mazes and the theme park Halloween events. I’m more of a Disney’s After Hours Boo Bash kinda girl. Give me Mickey Mouse dressed as a vampire any day over scary zombies with chainsaws.
Anyways, if you love a good fright take advantage of your time without kids and get your screams out.
- Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort (through Oct. 31) is back for its 30th year. Horror enthusiasts can experience terrifying haunted houses, sinister scare zones, outrageous live entertainment and some of the park’s most exhilarating attractions.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever separate ticketed nighttime Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream, will terrorize guests on select nights through Oct. 31 with fright-inducing haunted houses and scare zones; thrilling rides and experiences; an interactive bar and an electrifying live show.
- Scream n’ Stream Drive-Thru Halloween Experience at Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures (select nights through Oct. 31) is an interactive drive-thru horror adventure featuring goblins, zombies and more.
Let’s Eat in Orlando – Magical Dining’s Extended!
One of my favorite events to take advantage of every Fall is Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining experiences. And great news – they’ve just extended the dates with dining deals through October 17. With Magical Dining, you can save money, experience great dining and give back to the community too. (Win/win/win for everyone!)
No matter what your craving, you can enjoy three-course, prix-fixe dinners at some of Orlando’s most popular restaurants for $37 per person. And yep, you’ll even find participating restaurants at Disney Springs and select hotels around Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort too. Plus, $1 from each meal served will benefit Pathlight HOME and IDignity, both of which help to combat homelessness in Central Florida.
If you have plans to be in Central Florida before October 17, don’t miss out on it!
Book Your Stay — Without Kids!
New to Magical Dining this year, is Magical Nights with great savings on hotels and restaurants that are home to at least one participating restaurant. You can save money on your dinner and your overnight stay. As some say… you can “take the elevator home” at the end of the night.
A few examples include:
- Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria: Save up to 30% off an overnight stay in a 1-bedroom condo.
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa: Save up to 30% plus receive $50 resort credit.
- Drury Inn & Suites Near Universal Orlando Resort: Save up to 15% and enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast.
- Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort: Save up to 30% on an overnight stay. (Go to Todd English’s bluezoo for dinner!)
The Magical Nights hotel and resort deals are also good through October 17.
Plan Your Frights, Food and Fun Trip to Orlando
So, are you like me and ready for an adults-only trip? I hope these ideas inspire you to plan your own escape to Central Florida this Fall. Orlando is a great city where there are tons of options for whatever your version of “fun” might be. For more ideas of things to see, do and experience – go to www.VisitOrlando.com.
Whether you choose to get scared, pamper yourself with a great meal, or just experience the luxury of a quiet, hotel room — I hope you make time for yourself and experience a well-deserved getaway to Orlando.