Let’s Work Together
Who is Carrie McLaren?
With seven years experience as a travel PR pro and ten years as a travel writer/influencer – my work has been featured in various national magazines, newspapers and websites.
Based in Jacksonville, Florida, I am the former VISIT FLORIDA Family Insider and an active member of the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW), the North American Travel Journalist Association (NATJA) and the Family Travel Association (FTA).
I am available for on-site visits, third-party content creation, writing projects, influencer campaigns, on-camera work and more. Have another idea in mind? Let’s chat – I love stepping outside the box.
Past and present clients include: Carnival Cruise Line, VISIT FLORIDA, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, Visit Jacksonville (FL), Florida Marriotts, Westgate River Ranch, Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort and more.
Porthole Cruise Magazine
USA TODAY Travel: Experience Food and Wine
VISIT FLORIDA, VISIT FLORIDA Family Insider
- Family Dining in Apalachicola
- Seaside for Families
- Into the Story at Walt Disney World
- One Vacation, Multi Generations Making Memories Together
VISIT FLORIDA Magazine, 2015 and 2014
- Go Educational – educational attractions and destinations around Florida
- Unplug and Unwind – technology-free vacation getaways
Carnival Cruise Lines, Away We Go
- What You Don’t Need to Pack For a Cruise
- Vacationer Tips for Taking Better
- How to Pack for Kids for Vacation
- Seeking New Food Adventures While on a Cruise
- Spend the Day in Jacksonville’s San Marco Neighborhood
- A Weekend Getaway on Amelia Island
- Experience Jacksonville Like a Local in Downtown’s Hemming Plaza
Ruby: A Blog by Virgin Atlantic
Florida Marriotts and Resorts, The Florida Buzz
Third Party Content Creation
As a contractor with Digital Edge Marketing and Connect Travel, I create content for destinations via the marketing agencies. Target audiences include meeting planners, golfers, multigenerational travel, family travel and more.
Levy County Visitors Bureau
Southeast Idaho High Country
Visit Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Florida’s First Coast of Golf
With experience in front of the camera for on-site interviews, in-studio appearances and online travel videos, I am available for on-camera work featuring your destination. Some of my on-camera work includes
Carnival Cruise Line
- Visiting Tampa’s Kid-Friendly Florida Aquarium
- Your Kids Will Cherish Weeki Wachee Mermaid Memories
- Relaxing along the Emerald Coast at Hilton Sandestin
- Ride into the Wilderness at Lion Country Safari
- Manatees to Hippos: Homasassa Springs State Wildlife Park
Social Media Campaigns
With a strong, online following I am available for Twitter chats, Pinterest coverage, Facebook promotion, sponsored blog posts, Instagram programs and even in-person meet-ups.
- The Florida Times-Union – social media coverage of Florida Country Superfest, a two-day music festival
- #FLTravelChat – a monthly Twitter chat with VISIT FLORIDA about Florida destinations, events and attractions
Workshops and Speaking Appearances
With a background in travel public relations, I have seen both sides of the blogger/public relations relationship. From discussions on how to interact with bloggers to creating your own social media presence – I’m available to speak on these and related topics. Past presentations include –
- Jacksonville Florida Public Relations Association -presentation on working with bloggers
- Florida Public Relations Association, Jacksonville – panelist on social media relations
- Visit Jacksonville – panelist on how to work with local media
With a strong community of followers on this site, along with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – advertising with CarrieOnTravel.com is a fantastic way to reach an active audience of parents that love traveling with their children.
Check out the Carrie on Travel Advertising page for site ads pricing. Interested in advertising in other wise besides site ads? Let’s chat!